I can't believe we're half way through the year. I'm still playing catch up since coming back from Japan. I still need to post the last recap, yikes! We were busy with Bruce's fractured arm, went on many adventures with my cousin (Disneyland, Medieval Times, and countless eateries), cleared out a guest bedroom, and had many fun playdates. We did so much in May, no wonder why it flew by!
Summer break starts next week which will shake up our schedule again but I'm excited to spend a little more time with Baby Bear. Here's his top five things he wants to do this summer:
- Play with Big Také
- Go to the aquarium
- Have a sleepover at Nana's
- Go to the zoo to see flamingos
- Eat sticky rice
Sounds doable. :) I also asked him a few questions that I saw on my friend, Joelle's FB post...
- What is something mom always says to you? "Don't do stuff!"
- What makes mom happy? "When I dance funny like shake my butt."
- What makes mom sad? "When I do sad things."
- How does your mom make you laugh? "Do funny jokes. Like, 'what's that?' (points somewhere) 'just kidding!' (laughs)"
- What was your mom like as a child? "Playing and no screaming."
- How old is your mom? "58"
- How tall is your mom? "60"
- What is her favorite thing to do? "Work."
- What does your mom do when you're not around? "Her just works and go everywhere where I don't go. Like going in the bathroom."
- If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? "Saving the whole penguins!"
- What is your mom really good at? "Teaching kids."
- What is your mom not very good at? "Feeding the plants because every plant dies."
- What does your mom do for a job? "Do blocks (I volunteer in his classroom where the students build a whole city out of blocks) and fix up the laundry."
- What is your mom's favorite food? "Pasta, lettuce, chicken."
- What makes you proud of your mom? "When her teach the other kids playing blocks."
- If your mom were a character, who would she be? "Ariel."
- What do you and your mom do together? "Play games."
- How are you and your mom the same? "We both have teeth."
- How are you and your mom different? "Cuz I don't have eyelashes and her have big eyelashes."
- How do you know your mom loves you? "Because her loves me the first one. You say, 'her looks beautiful!' and I say, 'I cute?' and you say, 'you're always my number one!'"
- What does your mom like most about your dad? "When he says funny things."
- Where is your mom's favorite place to go? "The beach."
- How old was your Mom when you were born? "61"
This was the best! I learned so many things about the way he views me... and how old he thinks I am. Haha! ;) It'd be fun to ask these again next year and see how much his answers change.
As Bruce said, I had a black thumb BUT I think it's turning a little green lately! :D When we moved here last September, my friend Diana gave me a couple small pots of newly grown basil. Unfortunately, when we came home from our Japan trip, one of the plants didn't make it but I repotted the other and it's been growing in abundance! :D This week, I made shrimp basil pasta. (I guess I do love pasta, haha!)
On Monday, Diana came over to help plant a huge variety of seeds and this morning, we found a few sprouting already! This is huge, guys! Hopefully they'll continue to grow into edible veggies. *fingers crossed*
What've you been up to lately? Are you gardening too? :) Have a wonderful weekend!
Lots of Smiles,